Thursday, December 01, 2005

Coverings to the Windows of the Soul

I just thought I'd use a cheesy title.

Anyways, I'm working painting a giant piece of art encompassing 4 large canvases (really it's a kind of foam board, but a canvas sounds more professional). This painting will cover the windows in the living room.

I have a few different ideas of things I'd like to do. This is a rough draft of one.



Although this idea has a lot of meaning to me, and I would really like to do something to that effect (keeping in mind that the scan is a very very basic rough draft), I am wondering if it is too depressing to do. Especially covering such a large space. What do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Ok, Rita thinks it's too depressing with the colors, and I agree. I'll just make a small one. I think for the windows I'll either do 4 shapes of complimentary colors (Andy Warhol style) or a bunch of random lines and such.

12:20 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Sarah said...

You updated! Yep I think Rita is right. A little depressing. In need of some bright colors.

8:33 PM, December 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It needs color, black and white is depressing...but if you had a lot of colors like a sunset/sunrise kind of thing going it would be amazing... http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Documents/sunset-evrange-28mar04.jpg
...like this pic...or starry night...that's random, sorry, I want to paint now! geez...

3:18 PM, December 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its beautiful. would you paint me a small one too for xmas?

3:33 PM, December 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home