Thursday, May 04, 2006

Norman Prison Blues

I hear the train a comin´
it´s rolling round the bend
and I ain´t seen the sunshine since
I don´t know when,
I´m stuck in Folsom prison,
and time keeps draggin´ on
but that train keeps a rollin´ on down to San Anton...

When I was just a baby my mama told me
"Son, always be a good boy,
don´t ever play with guns"
But I shot a man in Reno
just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowing,
I hang my head and cry

I bet there´s rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
they´re probably drinkin´ coffee
and smoking big cigars
Well I know I had it coming,
I know I can´t be free
but those people keep a movin´
and that´s what tortures me

Well if they´d free me from this prison,
if that railroad train was mine
I bet I´d move just a little further down the line
far from Folsom prison,
that's where I want to stay
and I´d let that lonesome whistle
blow my blues away

8 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

So, when did you go to prison?

3:02 PM, May 06, 2006  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ah, Johnny Cash. Lovely.

3:00 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Jenny said...

Johnny Cash? What are you talking about? Jouquin Phoenix sings this song!

9:57 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Sarah said...

They're both great :) Jouquin is probably better looking, but I haven't seen younger pictures of Cash so I'm probably not the best judge.

11:31 AM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got to see that movie darn it...movies are my goal this summer!

12:03 PM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you trying to say ryan?.... please be honest.

11:57 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Felicia said...

Geez, Ryan, you should update. I'm so clueless over here!

11:12 PM, May 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

7:19 AM, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home